How To Prepare For Your Personal Photoshoot
I am going to walk you through what to wear, what to bring and what beauty regimens are best to do before your shoot. These helpful tips will add a little sugar and spice to your personal photoshoot. Enjoy!!
Oh, what to wear?!? Deciding on what five outfits you are bringing to your shoot is an exciting part of planning for your shoot! These are a few things to consider:
- Choose Solids – Patterns tend to draw attention away from your beautiful face.
- Go for Form Fitting – Whether you are lean or curvy bodied, when you wear form fitting wardrobe during your shoot the more I can direct you into flattering poses to create or show off hourglass lines and even slim your body.
- SPARKLES – Sequins, beads, lace…oh my!! These look fabulous in portraits. Lace, satin, silk, chiffon, tulle are all GORGEOUS photographed! If this style doesn’t suit you, bring cotton, linen, etc.
- Email me your sizes on top, bottom, and dress sizes so I can pull beautiful pieces for you from our gorgeous studio wardrobe if you haven’t given them to me already!
What to bring?!?
Bring the following undergarments in nude, white, and black if you have it. It’s not necessary to purchase unless you would prefer to:
- Bandos or Strapless Bras
- Tank Tops and/or Camisoles
BLING, BLING, AND BLING!! Yes m’am bring your jewelry that you LOVE and that SPARKLES!! Think about what you have that can go around your neck and bring it. Get creative even! More of a casual girl? No worries!! We’ll keep it simple.
I like to remind clients that if you have heirloom pieces to bring them so we can photograph you with it on. This just adds to your heirloom portraits.
Ok now that you have wardrobe down, let’s look at what beauty regimens will help contribute to beautiful hair, glowing skin, and pretty nails! These are not necessary, but recommended.
- Get a facial 1 month – 1 week before shoot.
- Get a manicure and pedicure 1 week – 1 day before shoot. Choose a nail color for your hands that is subdued and go wild on your feet. I usually do not photograph your feet, but be prepared just in case!!
- Exfoliate your body for a gorgeous glow 1 week before.
- Tan 2 days before but AVOID orange tanning if you like to tan.
- Wax facial areas…eyebrows, lip, etc 1 week to 3 days before.
- Touch up roots, color, highlight, and/or cut your hair 2 weeks – 1 week before.
- Deep condition your hair 2 weeks – 1 day before.
THE NIGHT BEFORE: YAY IT IS ALMOST HERE!!!!
- PUT ADDRESS IN GPS
- PLENTY OF FLUIDS AND REST
OH MY GOODNESS!! TODAY IS THE DAY!
- COME WITH CLEAN DRY HAIR
- COME WITH CLEAN MOISTURIZED FACE
- ARRIVE AND LET THE PAMPERING AND FUN BEGIN!!
I can’t wait to see you on your special day and start the journey of allowing me the honor and privilege of drawing out your beauty and capturing it with my camera and create the most beautiful and stunning photographs you’ve ever seen of yourself!
Brandi Stage is an international award-winning portrait photographer based in Bay St. Louis, MS. She creates an exceptional magazine-style photo shoot and timeless heirloom portraits for women, men, children and pets in her studio or on location.